Program Leader: Dr Joytishna Jit
The Australian Institute of Petroleum (AIP) is a consortium of four major oil companies in Australia (BP, Mobil, Caltex and Shell).
The AIP Program addresses issues facing the oil industry, which has been constrained by limited information and policies on petroleum hydrocarbons. Recognising this constraint, crcCARE has brought together a team of experts to develop nationally harmonised policies and guidance on assessment and remediation of petroleum hydrocarbon contaminated sites in Australia.
The program produces guidance documents (see technical reports for details) on:
- Site characterisation
- Health screening levels for petroleum hydrocarbons
- Monitored natural attenuation
- LNAPL remediation
- Petroleum vapour intrusion
Current projects include:
- Behaviour of LNAPLs in fractured rocks
- Endpoints for petroleum LNAPL remediation technology performance and risk reduction
- LNAPL Applications document
- Modelling longevity of residual LNAPL